[Coco] OT: ummmm... OS-9 computer system pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Mon Sep 15 02:24:42 EDT 2008

 > Message: 14
 > Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:20:42 -0500
 > From: Ryan Pritchard <coconut at pritchard.ca>
 > Subject: [Coco] OT: ummmm... OS-9 computer system pictures for your
 >	viewing	pleasure.
 > To: coco at maltedmedia.com
 >
 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > With a lot of this CoCo List talking about OS-9, I thought I would
 > make an off-topic posting with a simple link and vague description to
 > some OS-9 computer system pr0n.  We are talking about computers here
 > folks.  The pictures of the systems should speak for themselves.  I
 > will be posting more photos in the near future, as I will be removing
 > the cards from the associated busses to take photos.
 >
 > http://gallery.me.com/ryanjrp#100021
 >
 > After viewing these photos, some of you may be wondering why I have
 > been asking about the 64K upgrade instructions for the CoCo 1.
 > Honestly I can't even begin to come up with a good reason.  Not with
 > this evidence against me.
 >
 > More information on these systems will be revealed after the photos
 > have had a chance to be viewed.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > Ryan Pritchard
 > Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies

Wow! A Gimix system - I think the only time I saw one of those was in an
advertisement somewhere. Maybe at a computer museum. Treat that machine
like you would anything else of that vintage, especially in regards to
the power supply (caps can easily explode without warning!). Are you
planning on restoring it?

The closest thing to that much cool I have is an Altair 8800, but it
looks nowhere near as "ready to run" as those machines you have there
(boy, do I have a job ahead of me someday).

Thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to see and hear about them more!

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona