[Coco] Paladin's Legacy

Allan Chaney chaneya at acwoodworksinc.com
Fri Sep 12 10:41:01 EDT 2008

Fred,

Man this is too funny.

You need two things to descend into the Mines and gather vast wealth (found
in chests) and numerous magic items and stat increases (found in special
Black Boxes).  The first is the Thieves Kit which allows you to unlock the
Mines entrance.  You buy a thieves kit at the Thieves City for 300 Gold.
With the Thieves kit you are able to enter through either side of the
mountains.  You will find however that as you descend into the mines,
darkness will engulf you further and further until you can't see.  A female
thief named Tamara in the Human City tells you of an Elven Torch which she
dropped while fleeing for her life from creatures in the mines.  You can
find the Elven torch by entering the mines on the opposite of the mountains.
Apparently, Tamara, being a master thief had both a Thieves Kit and Climbing
Boots.  With Climbing boots, purchased from the Thieves City you can walk
across the mountains.  Same goes for Snow boots when trying to climb the
slippery snow covered mountains in the North

Dealing with Thieves:  You have to buy the boots at the Thieves City in the
swamps as you already know.  This turns you evil but you can always go to
the cathedral which is just a few clicks directly west of the Main castle
and the Human city.  At the Cathedral, you have 2 options.  You can pay 100
gold for a potion that you can then Use (U) command and it will heal you for
100 HP.  (I think that should be changed by the way to 25 gold because 100
is way too much.  I guess at the time I was thinking that that is the
penalty for choosing the evil path.)  Anyway you are much better off with
your second option in the Cathedral which is to give 10 gold to Sister Shara
and she makes you pure of heart.  Once you are pure of heart again, you can
walk over to Elm, the city of elves and be healed for free by the Wood
Nymph.

Another thing to keep in mind is you will find numerous amazing magical
items in the mines like a magic carpet, invisibility cloak, All seeing
Sorcerer's Eye and more.  But in order to use these items you must be versed
in the 5 Magical Arts (Magic, Sorcery, Thaumatergy, Wizardry and Alchemy).
You must train and study each magical art (acquire and read the appropriate
scroll) before you can use the magical items.  There is a city for each
magical art where you can study and acquire the scrolls.

Another tip....You can steal a boat from the Thieves City and that sure
beats paying 1000 gold for one.  I think I was being ironic.....thieving
from thieves.

Allan