[Coco] Ike and coco3.com

Dave Kelly daveekelly1 at embarqmail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:35:12 EDT 2008

Roger Taylor wrote:
>> on an electric scooter) friend in a trailer/rv park there.
>
> I live in North East Texas, actually.  The eye which will ofcourse
> spread out by the time it gets this far up is still shown to come
> through this area, so I'm not writing off the possibility of seriously
> high winds that will have us without power for a while.   South Texans
> are already up here, the Wal-Marts are jammed in the isles, and you
> can't find any common emergency supplies on the shelves.  However, I got
> lucky and grabbed the last 4 propane tanks (the mini ones) and a lot of
> D batteries I found at 1 out of about 8 Dollar General stores in this
> area.  Wal-Mart hasn't had D batteries since Gustuv.  I've got all forms
> of light covered in case the power goes out.  Tomorrow I'll fuel the car
> up to the brim and cap it off daily in case for some odd reason I have
> to hit the road and get outta here for a bit.
>
> But then again, maybe we'll just experience some Dew ??!

I live between Conroe and Hempstead. It looks like  the eye will pass
over ,my house with winds about 65 mph.

I started to drive fown to Tomball after lunch.About 3 blocks outside of
town I noticed the string of bumper to bumper cars going the other way.
Suddenly it dawned om me it would be easy to get down but 3 to 4 hours
to come the 16 miles back. Took the first U turn and hunkered down at
the house.

I think the constables directing traffic cause most of the bottle necks.

Daughter tells me that there is no tuna, potted meats, water chips   on
  the shelves.

Dave