[Coco] Help me digitize Color Computer Magazines

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Fri Sep 5 19:44:04 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-06 at 09:28 +1000, Bob Devries wrote:
> Chuck,
> please remember that I use Australian English. This being the case, my
> spelling and grammar will be different from yours. However, there were no
> spelling errors in the sentence you quoted. You may think the grammar is
> obtuse(?), but that's the way I speak my version of English.

You can't hide behind that excuse; the grammar differences between the
various breeds of English is slight, and none of those differences
accounts for your misuse of dependent clauses.  Your sentence is
categorically grammatically incorrect.  Use "though" or "but" -- but not
both.

Not that I care ..

C.