[Coco] Question about the reply behavior of this email list

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Mon Sep 1 15:19:28 EDT 2008

At 02:48 PM 9/1/2008, you wrote:
>What you reply to when you press "reply" is determined by your mail client
>not the mailing list. You need to be careful when replying and make sure
>you're replyig to who you think you're replying to.

Largely true, but nevertheless this list is set to strip the reply-to
and force a reply to the list.

It keeps personal replies (and complaints) down, keeps the subjects
on-list, doesn't accidentally break threads, and behaves like most
mailman lists (meaning it's familiar behavior). The only list I
subscribe to that doesn't do that is Orchestra List, and it's
extremely annoying ... I expect posts to show up and they don't, so I
have to send again, and apologize to the person who got an individual reply.

So reply to the list stays.

Dennis

Buy my new book!
<http://www.amazon.com/Country-Stores-Vermont-Dennis-Bathory-kitsz/dp/1596294752/>