[Coco] 3.5" drives on coco 3

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 27 06:45:00 EDT 2008

Bruce W. Calkins wrote:

> It looks to me that several modules will need rewriting for OS-9/NitrOS9
> to boot off from drive 1.  The hardware solution is much easier for me.
>
> Bruce W.

Depending on the version of software in use, Boot most definitely needs
to be patched as the default is /D0. You can probably get away with
redefining /DD as the only other change if Init and cc3go/sysgo make use
of /DD instead of a specific drive.

The source code for NitrOS-9 Boot has the provision for selecting /D0
through /D3. If you don't want to recompile, dEd could be used. Just
look for values being sent to $FF40 and adjust them for the required
drive#. Remember to verify the module after any changes.