[Coco] Files to os9

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 25 18:20:54 EDT 2008

Ron Bihler wrote:
> Ok,
> That works, now for advanced class !
>
> How about a directory copy.
> os9 dsave (Dir) (disk.dsk)  ?  That doesn't work.
>
> I have a directory in chd that is ribbs, and the ribbs.dsk image in the
> same dir.
>
> os9 dsave ribbs ribbs.dsk  error 215, what am I missing here?
>

> Thanks
> Ron

The syntax for toolshed dsave can be obtained with the command
os9 dsave
You will see
Usage: Copy the contents of a directory or device
    -b=size size of copy buffer in bytes or K bytes
    -e      actually execute commands
    -r      force rewrite on copy

Error 215 is "bad pathname".

I'd suggest moving into the ribbs directory and just using a target
directory in the dsave command; full pathname not ..\ribbs.dsk