[Coco] Drivewire mixed results...

Michael C. Robinson deemcr at robinson-west.com
Wed Sep 24 17:59:35 EDT 2008

I think the works with 98se bit is false.  I've had no luck even
using a 16550AF serial port that I know works.  Switching from my
486 to my Pentium 4 XP laptop outfitted with a prolific usb to
serial adapter, drivewire worked.  I've been lied to before about
works with Windows 98, but that was a different company called
usbgear.com and it was a sound card.  I'm very discouraged that
Windows XP is the only version of Windows I have seen drivewire
work with because XP and Vista presumably as well require
activation.  The drivewire solution turns me off, if it worked
with Linux even if it continued to be proprietary I'd be a
little warmer to it.

I could be wrong about drivewire not working with 98se, but has
anyone here gotten it to work in that environment?  If only Boisy
over at cloud9tech.com understood Linux, maybe there'd be a Linux
version.  At least I know now that the serial cable works.

Does anyone know how to create a blank dsk image?  I want to write
my own programs and use drivewire in place of the traditional disk
drive.