[Coco] Possible Coco patent?

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at verizon.net
Sun Sep 21 09:23:16 EDT 2008

All:

I stumbled upon US Patent # 5,572,705 while searching for something
entirely different.  I'm trying to guess if they used an old coco
(with additions) in constructing this device.  It's got a 6809E and a
6821 PIA.   The patent may be viewed for free at the US Patent and
Trademark Office website <http://www.uspto.gov> under the "patents"
section.  It is most easily found by doing a "patent number search".

I was wondering what others thought of this patent:

1.  Souped-up coco?
2.  Not a coco, but the inventor was familiar with coco and used
similar parts for his invention?
3.  Mere coincidence?

Not that it really makes a difference, but the patent was filed/issued
long after a 1 Mhz, 32K machine would have been obsolete for most
purposes.  I just thought someone on this list might find it
interesting.
                                      - Aaron