[Coco] SCSISYS question

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Fri Sep 19 21:41:49 EDT 2008

I was following the SCSISYS thread, and had a few questions of my own.

I have scsisys1.1 on my level2 system with a disto 4in1 with no
multipak, and two quantum 105s drives. I built this around 1992 or so,
maby later. I used it activly untill about 1998.  In the last month or
so, I have pulled it out of mothballs an tuned up the hardware and got
it all working again.  I now see there is a 2.2 version of scsisys.  Is
this available any where?  Is Matt still around an perhaps be able to
provide/sell a copy?  I don't really have any problems with this one.
Just thought the commercial version may have some improvements worth
getting.

As to your thread, I have everything in a pc case, so the cable is less
than 2 ft.  It was split all the way.  I had no terminators installed.
Having trouble with /h1 after reviving the coco, I ended up making a
cable as you describe with all 50 wires except at the controller. Wasn't
the problem, but I ended up with a better cable! ha ha ha   the
connectors from the drive assy to the disk circuit board were corroded,
and after cleaning up all the drive cables I got it working again.

Term power should only supplied by one device on the chain.  with 18in
cables no term power probably works.

Any hoo, any info you could provide as to getting scsisys2.2 would be
appreciated.

Tim Fadden

P.S. I do have the abbreviated set from
rtsi/os9_6809/cocoos9.zip/drivers or wherever exactley they are, but I
might need some help compiling and getting them to work.  Its been a
while!   :-)