[Coco] OT: Gimix OS-9 computer system information update.

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Fri Sep 19 14:02:18 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

So a couple of updates that will give you an idea of the documentation I
have on the two Gimix systems, and on the configuration of them.

I am almost done scanning in all the paper documentation for the Gimix
systems I have.  I have included a list of the scanned documents I have
processed.  Not OCR'd, though I wish I did have an OCR program for my Mac.
I still have a whole other binder to scan.  I know there is at least
documents on a 64K BYTE STATIC RAM BOARD, a TWO PORT RS-232C SERIAL
INTERFACE, and a TWO PORT PARALLEL INTERFACE, plus various revisions of
documents that I already have scanned.  The documents I scanned were all the
papers in the binders.  No document that had a spine of it's own has been
scanned at this time.  (BTW I love the multi-function device at my work, it
supports double sided scanning in one pass, and sends the scan in PDF format
via e-mail.  Sure beats scan a page, flip page, scan a page, flip page,
repeat until brain functions no longer.)

Based on the documentation binders, I have concluded that when I power on
these two systems (They will WORK, I am believing GOD for it in Jesus'
name.  You can believe with me too!), I will find that one of them is a 384K
system and the other is a 512K system.  Both have their own Hard Drives,
just not certain of the capacities yet.  These computers both worked fine
the last time I had them powered on around 10+ years ago.  May have a couple
of things to look at befor powering on, like if there are any problems with
the batteries or any leaky caps.

The only thing I have not finished scanning yet for the documents in the
list below is the larger folded pages that have schematics and / or board
layouts on them.

Scanned Gimix related documentation:
============================
BASIC09 PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE REFERENCE MANUAL.pdf
CRC GENERATOR BOARD for OS-9 GMX III - User's Manual.pdf
FLEX Programmer's Manual.pdf
FLEX User's Manual.pdf
GIMIX SERIAL I-O PROCESSOR FIRMWARE FOR OS-9.pdf
GMX 256K BYTE STATIC RAM BOARD - User's Manual - 2.pdf
GMX 256K BYTE STATIC RAM BOARD - User's Manual.pdf
GMX 6809 CPU III MICROPROCESSOR BOARD - User's Manual.pdf
GMX DMA III - Double Density Floppy Disk Controller - User's Manual.pdf
GMX DMA SASI INTERFACE BOARD - User's Manual.pdf
GMX Power Supply Information.pdf
Gimix registration cards - serial numbers.pdf
Gimix warranty papers.pdf
INTELLIGENT 3-PORT SERIAL I-O FIRMWARE Ver. 2 - User's Manual.pdf
INTELLIGENT 4-PORT SERIAL I-O PROCESSOR FIRMWARE Ver.2 - User's Manual.pdf
INTELLIGENT FOUR PORT RS-232 SERIAL I-O INTERFACE - User's Manual.pdf
INTELLIGENT THREE PORT RS-232 SERIAL I-O INTERFACE - User's Manual.pdf
INTELLIGENT THREE PORT RS-232 SERIAL I-O INTERFACE Version II - User's
Manual.pdf
Motorola MC14411 Bit Rate Generator.pdf
O-FLEX - FLEX Operating System for OS-9 Level II - User's Manual.pdf
OS-9 EDITOR - ASSEMBLER - DEBUGGER MANUAL.pdf
OS-9 GMX III Manual Addenda - Version 1.2 14-SEP-1983.pdf
OS-9 OPERATING SYSTEM - User's Manual.pdf
OS-9 OPERATING SYSTEM - System Programmer's Manual.pdf
OS-9 GMX III Support ROM - User's Manual.pdf
Reading and Writing Color Computer OS-9??? Disks on GIMIX OS-9 Systems.pdf
SS-50C MOTHERBOARD and BAUD RATE GENERATOR - User's Manual.pdf
Specification for model OMTI 20C-1 Intelligent Controller for 5.25 inch
Winchester Drives.pdf
System Configuration Information.pdf
TEAC FD-55D - Mini Flexible Disk Drive Specification.pdf
VERTEX V100 Series OEM Maintenance Manual.pdf

Regards,

Ryan Pritchard
Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies