[Coco] Creating blank disks in VCC

Richard Adams yahoogroups36 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:34:27 EDT 2008

> Message: 1> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:17:29 -0600> From: "J.P. Samson" <jps.subscriptions at gmail.com>> Subject: Re: [Coco] COCO to PC transfer and Using VCC> To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>> SNIP> > Unless I'm missing something, I haven't actually noticed a way to > easily create blank disk images in VCC or in DriveWire Server for > Windows. Seems like an obvious function!> VCC and DriveWire can both use the same CoCo disk image format--that > is, disk images are completely compatible and interchangeable between > the two.SNIP

J.P.,

Instructions for creating a blank image are in the PDF manual for VCC that should be in your VCC directory, and in your VCC Start menu as 'Welcome to VCC'.

The short version is: Go to the Cartridge menu, navigate to the drive you want to use, eject any pre-loaded disk, then click Insert. Instead of selecting an existing disk image, type in a new filename (diskname.dsk) in the 'File Name' box. This will create a new, unformatted blank image in the selected directory.

You still have to format it in VCC, just like a new, blank diskette in an actual machine, using the DSKINI(drive number) command.

HTH,

Richard