[Coco] Breaking windows in B09

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:12:31 EDT 2008

 In my CNC Coco stuff, I'd decided to use a printer to display data that
otherwise would be lost.. such as what was printed to the screen and scrolls
up into oblivion as I enter the edit mode.
 Using the printer was okay. Used a lot of paper, of course.

 Then I decided to use an unused window.

 In my startup file, I open four windows. All are text only 80X24. The first
three, I iniz them and the fourth window is left for printing to.
 Never used it, just had it there "just in case".

 Yesterday, I tried to open that window for writing, in Basic09. The window
vanishes.

I can (in Shell+2.1)

 echo Hello >/w4

and it works.

When I :

  open #path4, "/w4":write

In Basic09,

The window vanishes.. or at least it vanishes some time from the point I
start the main program and it opens the path or, when it prints the data to
that window. Perhaps I should make it print to that window later in the
program, to give me time to [CLEAR] to that window to see when it vanishes.
Right now, I'm thinking it vanishes upon opening the path.
It's still in the module directory (dirm and mdir)

 I hope there's enough info here to enable someone to offer a suggestion as
to how this happens and a way to fix it..

 I ran across this problem quite a few years ago but, that was a long time
ago.
 My addled brain can't pull up this file.... lost sectors from excessive
cleaning with alcohol and G-Forces from inadvertant mis-advertures on
motorcycles.

.

George