[Coco] Grammar & Religion <OT>

Bill Barnes da3m0n_slay3r at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 04:26:50 EDT 2008

Ok, now I deleted the whole newsletter... let me address a few things so we all can get back on topic and not have another meltdown and flame-war.

First... Religion: It really doesn't matter your faith IN THAT you always practice it in public and in private.
 Now a Christian needs to follow Christ's lead on things!!! (SADLY we do have those "Christians" who don't even try to act the part, and "Christians" that act as if John 3:17 doesn't exist, let alone all the times the New Testament shows John 3:17 in action).

Secondly... Grammar: I know we have different spellings in the states than the UK or Australia for words like color (colour) and sometimes pronunciation. I also know that certain words and gestures when you leave the states change meanings (eg. fag. In the states, it's seen as derogatory, in the UK I believe it can either refer to a cigarette or a bundle of sticks, in Australia, I'm not sure). As far as spelling, most web based mail and mail programs do have spell checking. It won't necessarily catch using a wrong word though.  Grammar is also complicated now by the shorthand and abbreviations that those of us who text message use when it slips into our normal messaging.

Ok, now that I have said all that, I'll get down off my pulpit and go hide in the back again. But seriously, I have not seen any "convert or die" messages show up here... which is good. I'll admit myself as being a Christian AND being a miserable example of it at times. Just don't let my failures dissuade you in your own faith and religious beliefs.

Now Really, let's just read through grammar and spelling errors, unless we can't follow the meaning of it at all. And also, not beat each other over the head on what we do or do not believe religiously speaking, as it does nobody any good, and just might even do damage. Civil is fine, but... sometimes we forget what is civil. It is NOT fun trying to read through dozens of messages of heated name calling, or worse.

<mumbling to self as I now actually get outta that pulpit>

... NOW back to your regularly scheduled CoCo List...

-Later!
 -WB-    -- BABIC Computer Consulting.