[Coco] FOR REAL! Program listings on the list

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 17:03:40 EDT 2008

 I've been thinking of having some of you gurus look at one or more of my
B09 programs that I use on my CNC machine to see if you can find ways to
improve it, criticize it/them or otherwise go... WOW, I dunno, George.

 However, we have rules about the size of listings. I know for a fact that
most of my routines are smaller than most of the off-topic posts here lately
but I thought I should ask anyway.
 These listings would (if I can format them correctly) would look good in an
email, are usually fairly small. About 4-8k.

 Right now, I'm struggling with straight lines that aren't 90 or 180
degrees. The math is messing with my stepper motor routines and I'm gaining
and losing steps, throwing the total count off and therefore I end up in the
wrong places over large drawings with many angles to deal with. It's only a
few thousands of an inch, but when they have to come together in the end, it
all adds up.

 I working on engraving lately. This is WAY fun!

 Circles and arcs always come out perfectly. It's the darned straight lines
at angles(I'm sure it's my math) that messes things up.

 Suggestions?

George