[Coco] Linux RBF filesystem support

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 30 22:39:26 EDT 2008

Rod Barnhart wrote:

> I know a few people who swear AT cobol, but none who swear BY it ;)

LOL!

Apologies in advance if I've told this story here before, but around 1990 I
was working in a PC group doing DOS & Windows apps in C and a 4GL called
'SQL Windows' when the establishment of a company-wide IT department saw us
suddenly under the management of a new IT general manager eager to make his
stamp. A new application development strategy was being developed with
outside consultants, and rumors started flying that *all* development,
including PC-based, was to use COBOL.

Not sure of the source or of the truth of it, but none-the-less the majority
of us decided that we'd walk out the door en-mass if it ever came to pass.
It never did of course. Never-the-less, it rapidly became a much less
pleasant place to work...

Regards,