[Coco] LCD monitors with VGA converter box.

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sat Oct 25 19:40:02 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/25/2008 6:59:29 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
snhirsch at gmail.com writes:
>> It works great  with CRTs, but as Roy stated in a previous email, I do have
>> an older  model and that may be the reason why mine is a bit touchy with
LCDs
>>  (Viewsonic VA 721 to be exact)

>It's a little hard to understand why  even the most primitive of LCDs would
>have trouble with 31.5Khz VGA, but  I am far from an expert on video.

actually the trouble is on the Horiz sync line coming out of the
Coco3.  It has some noise on it and has to be filtered with a
capacitor so the converter can phase-lock to it.   I discovered  this
late in the game..  :)    Hey I am learning this stuff  as I go.....

Roy