[Coco] f83 for the 6809 -- It'a Alive!

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Fri Oct 17 10:49:02 EDT 2008

Chuck Youse <cyouse at serialtechnologies.com> wrote:

> I am not an expert on the Disk BASIC side of things, but I believe you
> are correct; the only "documented" entry point is DSKCON, which does not
> deal with FCBs.  You're probably best off just using DSKCON and writing
> your own filesystem routines, either compatible with Disk Basic's format
> or not!

That's good advice, but with DSKCON comes a large portion of BASIC and
it's overhead. Whenever I imagine I'm in a position like Brett, I'm
always ripping DSKCON from the ROM and make it independant.

Brett K. Heath wrote:

> One last question, has anybody managed to get the Keil emulator
> running under dosemu?

May I suggest a native linux emulator like sdlmess or XRoar for your
CoCo 2 needs?

XRoar
http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml

sdlmess: