[Coco] Howto for installing nitros9?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 16:27:57 EDT 2008

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Steven Hirsch wrote:

>> So can I assume you can boot OS9 Level II, but not NitrOS-9?
>> And where'd you get these 40 track SS bootable images?
>
> Yes, OS9 L2 boots fine.  The nitros9 image I was using came from
> http://nitros9.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9.html.
>
> Now that I know how to get them onto a physical disk, I'll try the images
> from sourceforge.

After a bit of grief writing the images under Linux, I was able to boot a
DSDD NitrOS-9 image :-).

Next question:  What environment is the NitrOS-9 source intended to be
built under?  The makefile calls an executable called simply 'os9' all
over the place and references a cross-assembler called 'mamou' (?).

Perhaps it's there somewhere, but I could not locate anything specific
about the build tools.

I need to setup for this since the B&B disk drivers are apparently only
provided in source form.

Steve