[Coco] XRoar emulator for Amiga

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Oct 9 06:14:23 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008, Theodore (Alex) Evans wrote:
>Ciaran Anscomb wrote:
>> "John W. Linville" wrote:
>>> Interesting news... :-)
>>>
>>> http://hirudov.com/amiga/XRoar.html
>>
>> Blimey, didn't realise anyone really still used AmigaOS.  That's cool,
>> just wish I could try it out ;)
>
>There are a few of us here.

I did for several years, but when my 30GB drive died, and the replacement
showed me that my carefully made by Diavolo-pro backups contained none of the
stuff it would have taken to restore operation because amigados does not
allow access to a file that is open by the os, that was just too much of the
wheel to re-invent.  So my A2k, with a PP&S 040 board, 64 megs of ram, a
picasso-II video, and numerous (all slots were full) other accessories got
carried to the basement where it still sits on the floor behind the coco3's
desk.  And I went on to linux.  As a broadcast engineer, I'd had my fill of
windows and its bugs and restrictions, so putting it on my home machine never
entered my mind.  But my coco3/6309 still runs.