[Coco] Trouble with check

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 1 07:24:53 EDT 2008

Arthur Flexser wrote:
> You say, "This program does not work with RGBDOS as $16A is changed."  But the
> program copies the 3 bytes initially at $16A-16C before it changes them, and
> falls into these stored bytes at the end (CONT).  So, shouldn't it work okay,
> even if the initial contents of $16A-16C are different under RGBDOS?
>
> Art

You would think so. Part of the problem is that RGBDOS (and I think
HDBDOS) incorporate FlexKey, a Roger Schrag program, that permits line
editing via the arrow keys. Since the down arrow is used by both FlexKey
and CheckPlus, there is a conflict.

Actually I've been trying to see how CheckPlus can be modified so that
it will work with RGBDOS, but that will take some more studying. The
most likely change would be to use a different key than the down arrow
to activate the checksum. However, that has not yet worked.