[Coco] CoCo 3 Prototype - Reverse Engineered

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Oct 4 02:58:51 EDT 2008

From: nickma at optusnet.com.au
> It seems there is no shortage of talented people to take up the challenge to
> decode the CoCo3 prototype.
>
> We've got people who are prepared to laboriously create a schematic diagram,
> others who have the ability to reverse engineer the PAL chips and others who
> have a deep understanding of the software link in accessing hardware. And we
> will all be able to provide feedback and advice via this CoCoList and assist to
> discover any new mysteries that could be hidden within the prototype.
>
> This could be one of the most important group projects to be undertaken on the
> CoCo3.
>
> Bring-it-on!
>
> Nick Marentes

Being subcompetent at digital hardware, this is my favorite spectator sport.  (I find baseball, football [several variations], basketball and hockey severely boring.  (I like to watch fencing [almost never broadcast, even during Olympics] and Women's Gymnastics [I would get arrested if I touched one, but it's fun to watch them exercise],  Bring on the digital challenge.  I'll keep watching and when I have cash to spare I'll buy results.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

"What I know [about the art of the sword] boils down to this:  If you see a guy running at you with a sword, put two rounds in his chest to slow him down, then one into his brain to finish him off".  Aaron Allston, _Sidhe Devil_

The two halves of the ruling Party are arguing over who gets to be the Top this time.  Either wins, Top or Bottom, they both win by the situation.  For us individuals, BOHICA.