[Coco] Newsgroup Tip Was: Question about List Operation

Fri Oct 3 17:13:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

If you are using Windows and perhaps other OS's, clicking on the following
or pasting it into your browser will add it to your news reader.

News://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco

I believe that Outlook Express and Windows Mail on Vista will prompt you to
create an account if necessary.

It has been a while time since I did this when I got my new Vista laptop
months ago.

I have a draft E-mail that is never sent with lines for all of the
Newsgroups I am subscribed to currently and in the past.

Clicking on them one by one allows me to add those I wish to look at without
the huge penalty, that is for OE on my old laptop, that downloading the
gigantic Earthlink list and suffering the huge slowdown on performance that
occurs when the Folders file gets huge.

Here is another only for Earthlink customers:

Substitute your News server for Earthlink's one.

Posting questions like the original one allows us all to learn. That's why I
read Newsgroups.

SHF