[Coco] Recent changes to the CoCoMag Website

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Thu Oct 2 22:32:34 EDT 2008

John <johnguin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Tim,
>
> Regarding the move to the coco25 wiki,  I'm a little unclear after reading
> your message whether this is the final site to host the scanned magazines
> (this is what I assume), or if this only a location to move the editing
> tasks.  Or is it both?

It would be the final place for the magazines.

> Also, could you copy/move a few pages over there so we can compare the
> current behavior to the new?

I have not written the software to do the transfer. But sign up for an
account on the wiki and try to edit any existing page. You'll quickly
get a feel for the editing and the markup system the wiki ofers.

> I have a hard time visualizing the change in behavior.  I've used the
> current system enough to understand its limitations, but would like to see
> the new system "in action" to get a feel for how much better it is.  I
> like to think I've gotten relatively efficient with the current process
> and want to see what the changes would be.

The primary additions the wiki offers is:

Attributed changes. (Who made what change when.)
Richer text. (Bold, itialic, etc.)
Inline images (For figures and illustrations.)

> Lastly, thanks for taking on this project and breaking the work into small,
> manageable tasks!

Thank-you!

--
tim lindner