[Coco] Success at resurrecting a CoCo (26-3001) with a 26-3029 FDC.

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Sat Oct 11 13:13:02 EDT 2008

I would like to thank everyone out there who over the past almost 2
months, have provided insight and assistance with my quest to
resurrect a CoCo 1.

During my journey, I successfully upgraded the CoCo 1 from 16K to
64K.  Confirmed that the 26-3029 FDC was working, and even managed to
get 3 out of 4 of my spare 3.5" 1.44MB floppy drives working on the
CoCo 1 with 720K diskettes.  Not to mention the spare 5.25" 80 track
96tpi double/quad (depending on who you talk to) density drive that I
had with my GIMIX equipment, that first confirmed the FDC was fully
functional.

Thanks to other discussions about how to create real floppy diskettes
from the image files, I was able to boot NitrOS-9 after the first
attempt at making a copy of the 3.5" boot diskette on a Pentium IV IBM
NetVista workstation running Windows XP Professional of all things.
The Fdrawcmd.sys and CoCoDisk combo worked marvelously.

Regards,

Ryan Pritchard
Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies