[Coco] Show-and-tell project...

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at verizon.net
Wed Oct 8 18:15:38 EDT 2008

All:

I'm working on an idea for my son's (2nd grade) school work.  What I'd
like to do is set up an "operational" BBS and show how computers used
to talk to each other.  I've got several cocos and 2 operational
modems --  one of them even has the "high speed" light come on if it
connects at 2400 baud...  The other modem is a Modem IB (cradle switch).

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a working acoustic modem?  I had a
Volksmodem years ago, but it is long gone.  I have an old telephone
that is of the right shape for an acoustic modem.  If you have such a
device that you could loan/sell, please contact me offline.  Thanks.

One more thing.  I seem to have misplaced my copy of the all-ram BBS
program.  Again, suggestions for what would be the best demonstration
would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, my son likes some of the old coco games.  We used to spend
hours playing "Peanut Butter Panic".  He still uses the coco when he
wants to know when the next solar or lunar eclipse is...

                             - Aaron