[Coco] Bluetooth on the Model 100 - any chance of getting this to work on the COCO?

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 18:33:48 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Marlette"

> As long as the choke hold isn't too long so that the Bluetooth's buffer
> overflows.....
>
> The ethernet engine for the SB has more processing power than 20 cocos!!!
> :)
>
> Still fun.
>
> Mark
> Cloud-9

Wouldn't the software in the sending computer also buffer the output?

 It seems that when the BlueTooth unit or any other device that does the
actual connectivity is backed up, the software in the computer would hold
off until the device has a chance to send more data.
 I think there should be some sort of control here.

 Even if we connected at 19200 and the coco can't keep up, the handshaking
should handle this. Or so it seems. I could be very wrong here.

 I have experienced problem with the 6551 chip at higher speeds and I
understand that the chip itself has a problem when it sends a CTS Not Ready
and loses a byte causing a problem. ..... or something like that. This is
vague in my memory.

 If this isn't a problem, why wouldn't the CTS stop the incoming data when
the receiving unit isn't ready?

 Confusion exists here.

 George