[Coco] CoCo 3 patch question

Art Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Nov 25 17:23:19 EST 2008

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Roger Taylor wrote:

> The CoCo 3 emulators in M.E.S.S. are crashing the CoCo when my ROM
> attempts to switch to ROM mode, even if I mask FIRQ and IRQ
> beforehand.  I don't know if this is a M.E.S.S. thing or what will
> happen on a real CoCo 3.  I could only stay up so late last night.

On a real CoCo 3, if you switch to ROM mode by typing POKE&HFFDE,0, everything
is fine provided you are in the 32-column mode.  No need to shut off interrupts
first.  (Of course, Super Extended Basic commands won't work anymore.)  If you
are in 40/80 column mode, the screen drivers go away;  I think you can still
type blindly in that situation.

Art