[Coco] Bluetooth on the Model 100 - any chance of getting this to work on the COCO?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Nov 25 16:04:38 EST 2008

At 02:24 PM 11/25/2008, you wrote:
>Torsten,
>
>These gadgets are so vast in numbers that it is hard to keep up!!!!!
>
>Would be fun.....I have too many projects on my plate right now....
>:) Don't have to mention any names.
>
>Keep the ideas coming!!!!!!
>
>Mark
>Cloud-9

My 115200 bps achievement through the bitbanger port requires a small
protocol to be used.  Packets are used to increase the
throughput.  Without the protocol, the CoCo could still send single
characters separately as usual to a PC, but the CoCo could never be
expected to catch the data start bits from a PC.  *Maybe* with the
CoCo 3, but not a 1 or 2.

In my tests, the CoCo was continuously receiving 512-byte packets
from the Rainbow IDE server and showing the data on the screen.  The
speed is quite amazing.
A PIA rated to run at 2mhz might be required.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com