[Coco] cocotape.exe project

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Nov 18 21:49:40 EST 2008

Ok guys,

I've made major progress.  Tonight, I'm actually loading stuff into
the CoCo from my laptop via CLOAD and CLOADM.

cocotape.exe will take a PC-stored file and generate a crisp smooth
simulated cassette file audio stream that the CoCo enjoys
creating a copy of the VDG screen filled with text strings.  The PC
is effectively doing a CSAVEM "FILENAME",1024,1535,0 and the CoCo
just does a CLOADM and it gets the live screen, ofcourse.  This is
just a way of seeing the bytes as they're transferred and that they
are error-free.

I guess I need to put a .cas file decoder in there before it's done,
since Vavasour's casout.exe doesn't want to output live sound on any
Windows version I've tried it on.
--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com