[Coco] MPROM woes (cured)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Nov 15 22:00:44 EST 2008

At 07:43 PM 11/15/2008, you wrote:
>>Ok, the problem was that the source voltage was just not high
>>enough.  I put 3 brand new alkaline batteries in the harness and
>>now the unit is writing a 27128.  :)
>>This is an issue I dealt with many years ago, going through many
>>batteries just because they fell below something like 8.5v and
>>didn't supply over 25v to the regulator.
>>
>>--
>>Roger Taylor
>

>So, what would happen if we put four 9v batteries in series?  A
>starting point of 36 volts into the regulator should hold up a while longer.
>
>Bruce W.

I tried 4 9v batteries a few days ago and for some reason it wouldn't
work.  That is, the software kept reporting a no-go on the first
write cycle.  The EPROMs remained blank.  Maybe it was just some of
the batteries in series holding up the rest, as I didn't check the
total voltage.

If the regulator won't fry with 36+ volts, I'll do it.  Most new 9v
batteries are over 9v, as you probably already knew.  So I would assume ~38v.
That sounds like what a Lexmark printer power supply cord puts out,
or is it 30?  30v from a wall adapter would be great.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com