[Coco] RGB --> VGA for CoCo: A success story

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sat Nov 15 20:10:21 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/15/2008 2:37:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
snhirsch at gmail.com writes:

>The vertical banding is very slight and appears on every classic  computer
>I've run through a converter.  Even my pricey Highway  Model 100 (used for
>Apple IIGS and Amiga) exhibits this.  In  general, VGA CRT displays look a
>bit better than LCD units but since  that defeats my goal I just live with
>it.

>Someday I'll fiddle  with a low-pass filter for the video signals to see if
>it can be cleaned  up a bit more, but it's not really bothering me.

Yes the banding appears because the bandwidth of a modern SVGA
monitor is so much greater than the old monitors used to be.

I have adapted my converter to the Amiga, Atari ST, IBM CGA,
and the Apple IIGS and the Apple has by far the worst output
for banding but it responds well to a simple LCR passive filter.

Roy