[Coco] MPROM woes

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Nov 15 19:45:38 EST 2008

At 06:24 PM 11/15/2008, you wrote:
>You DID notice that it came with a harness for (3) 9V batteries,
>right? As I said - I have NO idea on the condition of that unit. It
>was in a box I got from Art before he moved, hence why I wouldn't
>"sell" it to you. Wouldn't have been right... Tony

I resoldered the broken battery harness and it works great.  I do
recall with my old MPROM board I owned years ago that if the 9v
batteries were drained even just a little, it had trouble
writing.  And it didn't take long at all to suck the power out of the
batteries.  That was the part I hated the most, and not having a
25-27v unregulated power supply to feed into the board instead of the
battery leads.  I have several 12v regulated supply units, but I
don't want to risk trashing the board by doing any experiments like
that.  MPROM boards are hard to come by.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com