[Coco] EPROM eraser wanted

Stan Blazejewski stanblaz at netspace.net.au
Wed Nov 12 03:51:12 EST 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:43:32 -0800, you wrote:

>> Anybody have a cheapo EPROM eraser they want to part with?  I realize
>> I can find one on ebay or eraser sites.
>> Thanks
>
>I've gotten some UV fluorescent tubes on ebay for literally a few bucks
>and stuck them into cheapo light fixtures I've had (retaining the cover)
>
>I could erase 20 at a time :)

I've used an old 'sun lamp' (I got it at an 'op shop', I think you call them
thrift shops) which is basically an unprotected xenon arc lamp.  I'll erase any
EPROM within half a meter in about 10 minutes.

http://www.cobracat.com (home of the Australian Cobra Catamaran)
http://www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)