[Coco] dskini and retrieve

brian palmer tigers2roar at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 10 06:33:43 EST 2008

Hi Fellow coconuts.

I'm pretty certain that some types of Pc Floppy cards also can cause the Dskini and Retreive not too function correctly. Something to do with Track 0 not being able to be read. Torsten and I had a discussion about this and Torsten found that for a split second the read and write signals go to sleep on Track0. This sleep fault is enough too stop any program designed for reading Coco disks to work.
 Tosten would be able to tell you more about this Roger.
I had the same trouble. The only option is to try another Pc with the Bios set for 720k for 360k drives and 1440 for 720k, I used these settings. Or you could always try and get a used Catweasel card then you don't get these problems.

laters

Briza

      Find your perfect match today at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started http://au.dating.yahoo.com/?cid=53151&pid=1012