[Coco] Brands Of Old Diskettes

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 14:33:58 EST 2008

I don't know where the rest of the company went, but Tandy Corp bought the consumer side of Memorex in the early 80s (which included all audio products).  The diskette side was definitely not part of the purchase.  That went to Burroughs (now part of Unisys).  (Well, it might be -- I haven't been keeping up lately).

I worked for Memorex (Memorex Drive in Santa Clara) in the late 70s (fresh out of the USAF), for Tandy for half of the 80s (in Vegas and L.A.), and for Unisys (back up to the Bay Area at the old Convergent Technologies campus) in the early 90s.  That was not a continuation of one job, I had several others (including self-employment and unemployment) between those gigs.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I thought about being diplomatic and polite.  Honest, I really did.  But while I was thinking about it, I accidentally bumped the button that puts my mouth on autopilot, because it said, "That's a load of crap, Captain, and you know it".    Jim Butcher, _Small Favor_

From: Jim Hickle <jlhickle at yahoo.com>