[Coco] PC-to-CoCo floppy drive cable

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Nov 12 13:11:16 EST 2008

I'm having trouble locating the pinouts for the CoCo floppy
cable.  Is this hard to believe?  I've looked in almost every CoCo
manual I have and many technical PDF docs with no luck.  After
hundreds of posts on the subject over the years and lots of CoCo tech
documents on the web, nothing is turning up after 1 hour of digging.

Anyway, I'm trying (yet again) to wire a PC 3.5" drive (hard-wired as
Drive 1) to be seen as Drive 0 on the CoCo.  The drive currently is
seen as Drive 1 and works good.  I'm using a cable I apparently
hacked in the past but later I lined the ribbon wires back up
normally and crimped it back to work with normal CoCo floppy
drives.  I know I need to swap or twist a few of the ribbon wires,
but I have no clue which ones they are now.

It seems like this should be written in stone and easy to find, and
I've found this info in the past which is why I'm wondering where it
is hiding on the web.

Any help?
Thanks
--