[Coco] Retro computer, somewhat similar to CC1/MC-10.

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Mon Nov 3 12:40:41 EST 2008

Anyone seen one of these things: http://www.multilabs.net/Retro.html
It's a 32K built-in BASIC computer with a native 40 x 30 Text screen,
320 x 240 Pixel graphics, 64 Colors. Very reminiscent of the CoCo 1!
Well, maybe more like a more powerful MC-10. The only removable storage
is an 8 pin DIP socket for EEPROMs up to a 24LC512 (512K?). An SD card
slot or some other more easily portable device would have been better,
but you can program the EEPROM and use the thing as a controller, but
then you could do that with an SD also.

No mention of what processor is used, only that it's an 8-bit. BASIC is
a line number BASIC similar to Color BASIC, but I didn't look at the
manual enough to know how close.That and it's been ages since I tried to
program anything! There's some technical info in the manual concerning
the expansion port, maybe some of you more hardware/technical types can
figure something out by that.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"