[Coco] CGP 220 Tandy printer

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Mon May 26 18:30:52 EDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 16:01:16 -0500, John T Chasteen
<johnchasteen.2 at juno.com> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk
out:

>Hope all the coco folks had a wonderful Holiday.
>It is also a sad time reflecting on those that had their lives taken.
>I count my blessings since I was in the Army Air Force/US Air Force
>for 8 years ($ Feb 46-31 Dec 53) and then spent 20 yrs in
>Army Reserve.
>
>I was straighting up "STUFF" in the computer room when I stumbled over
>two
>Black CGP 220 cartridges in their original box. Now all I need it to
>find a color cartridge. Back to work in the computer room.

That's one way to find them. :-)
The printhead makes a nice whack at the end of each pass, the foam
bumpers inside have disintegrated.

>I want to connect the repaired MPI anf the SuperIDE with it CF Boot.
>
>I still need the IDE/CF adapter. I want to learn how to transfer file
>from the CF to the CF which is in SuperIDE port.

With two CF cards of the same size, I've used this with NitrOS-9:
make sure /i0 and i1 have the same dmode settings in cyl & sid.
Then: backup /i0 /i1
Since I have HDB-DOS. For the dos 255 disc, I just did a backup of 255
to my 5.25 and then back again to the new one, and then ran link.bas.

Under HDB-DOS, one at a time, backup each virtual disc to a ram disk
from one cf before switching to the other cf to backup from the ram
disc.

Stephen