[Coco] COCO3 System Arrangement of modules

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat May 24 01:28:00 EDT 2008

From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
> Hummph, I've been trounced, rather royally!  Here I was thinking at 73, that I
> was one of the older ones here.  Congrats John, and many more too.

Gene, you're still in what I prefer to call "middle youth".  A term I picked up from the late "Doctor A" in his landmark work _The Sensuous Dirty Old Man_.  Which was published when he was only 50.  (Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992, missed by all of us who read his books and/or knew him).  Written and published almost a decade before the TRS-80 Model 2 that his last 150 or so books were typed on (he never "upgraded" to a PC compatible) was moved into his apartment.

Never met him meself, he was in his final hospitalization when I came east.  My first wife and her present husband knew him well in person, all I did was read his books.  Probably about 300 out of about 500.

Never got a tech support call from him, even though I got calls from all over the east coast, since that was back when the Radio Shack flyers published the locations and numbers of all the computer centers and I was in the only RSCC actually in Los Angeles.  (Lots of RSCCs in PST, but Los Angeles stands out more than Spokane, Glendale or Irvine when somebody in New Hampshire or South Carolina is running down the list).  Their stores closed the same clock time we did, but that was three time zones away so I was the after-hours guy.  (Funny, none of our local customers ever mentioned early morning calls to the EST RSCCs).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

These histrionics were probably unnecessary, since there was no reason to think anybody would be watching us with more than casual interest until I made my first move to follow Buchanon's trail, in London.  Still, somebody might check back this far later, and I always feel that if you're going to play a part, you might as well play it all the way, at least in public -- and it's hard to tell what's public and what isn't, these electronic days.
Donald Hamilton, _The Devastators_, 1965