[Coco] Jeweled

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed May 21 22:38:40 EDT 2008

At 09:31 PM 5/21/2008, you wrote:

>--- "John W. Linville" <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 07:55:32AM -0700, Jim Hickle
> > wrote:
> > > How am I supposed to get any work done with the
> > siren
> > > song of that "Jeweled" game constantly drawing me
> > > toward the emulator?
> >
> > Let the fever consume you -- it will pass
> > eventually...
> >

>Reckon it may take a while.  At one time I was playing
>Tradewars so much that one night I was dreaming TW.
>Woke up, back to sleep and back to TW dreams.  Really
>strange, it was.

I've got you beat.  I used to write hand assembly programs in my
sleep when I was 18 or so.  I'd run them in my head then wake up and
pretty much know what I wanted to code up.  I remember when I was
writing Projector-3 (guess I was 27 or so), one night I had a bad
fever and ended up dreaming I was caught in a code loop and couldn't
escape.  This went on  all   night   long.  That's when you know
you're a coder.  :)
If I'm not mistaken, it was the LZW routines in the GIF decoder I was
trying to figure out at the time.