[Coco] BASIC compiler for Rainbow IDE ?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu May 15 14:00:13 EDT 2008

At 12:02 PM 5/15/2008, you wrote:
> From what I understand, the Urbane processor program reads in another
>>enhanced BASIC program and turns it into a standard BASIC program,
>>am I correct?

>Yes. My comment was to insure that you were not going to just mimic DECB.

I still think we're talking about two different types of systems.  My
compiler would turn BASIC source code into assembly source code that
an assembler will turn into a stand-alone binary.  Urbane, if I'm
correct, is a preprocessor/helper for CoCo BASIC.

Since my compiler would allow for longer variables names
automatically, standard short or long names are already
preprocessed.  Just like how my CCASM assembler supports the EDTASM
set of functions, and adds a top layer of extra features, programmers
can choose to use the enhanced functions or the basic functions in
either CCASM or my unwritten BASIC compiler.  In a nutshell, it'll be
very smart and give you the power the write fast ML programs without
learning assembly.

I chose CoCo BASIC over a new type of easy language because most
coders or newbies are already familiar with it.  Adding support for
extra commands and functions is a given.  I'll do that.