[Coco] Floppy - less boot , was Re: VI and VIRQ

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Wed May 14 10:04:20 EDT 2008

Gene,

Holy cow! :)

I am sure you are looking at the NOS 3.2.6 distrib. disk when you say
there is just 'mb'.

I don't recall your exact setup or if I even configured yours or not.

Currently ALL systems that are configured from Cloud-9 have a standard
distribution. There are mb_floppy_dd, mb_hard and mb_hdb.

Names descriptive of what they do along with a readme.txt on the root
indicating why/where to make a floppy boot.

On a real coco I can configure the system in ~20 minutes. To save time
I now create using images on the PC. That time is now, 45 seconds.

Mark
Cloud-9