[Coco] Programs for NitrOS-9

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue May 13 23:48:26 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Willard Goosey wrote:
>On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:56:33AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Monday 12 May 2008, Robert Gault wrote:
>> >I've been testing the RTSI file containing "IcnEd V3.18 by Gene Heskett,
>> >1995" in the source code. Gene, is this the latest version?
>>
>> 1995?  13 years ago?  Could well be, Willard, gee has it been that long?
>
>I didn't do it!  Nobody saw me do it! I wasn't even there!  You can't
>prove anything!
>
>:-)
>
>Willard

Chuckle.  I like that. :)  I made some progress on getting multivue to work
today, I think I have everything for it except a working mouse.  It will draw
the screen and shows the mouse pointer at the extreme upper left, and of
course its not usable.  If the keyboard mouse is valid, maybe, but I didn't
spend a lot of time looking for the key combo that would do it.

I tried changing the address of joydrv_6551L.sb from FF68 where the base
chipset in the rs232 pack lives, to FF6C where the extra chipset lives, but
it won't boot, gets to i2xo and locks up tight.

I used ded on the OS9Boot file on that disk to change it back to FF68,
verified the whole file, typed reboot, hit 0 and it worked just fine.

So the code in that module apparently does not handle the mouse's output the
same as the code in my older setups did.

But its progress (I think).

And all that time doing the stress test under the gamma camera didn't find
anything!  The ekg wasn't quite optimal, but no other clues fell out.  I hate
it when that happens, cuz I still hurt.  Sigh..

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)