[Coco] PC in a Coco case project questions

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat May 10 23:23:15 EDT 2008

Power supply and such, you might have to use laptop components to fit, though I haven't researched low-profile desktop PC components  lately since I use towers, as tall as I can get them, I want POWER!!! and to hell with the green twits.  (My favorite case, and someday I'll build half a dozen CoCo 3s into one, was the AT&T 6486 big box that was built by Intel, though the previous 6386 built by Ollivetti is a close second).

Aside from having to gouge holes in the back of the old grey case (or were you planning a CoCo 2 or 3 case? -- you didn't mention, but you'd still have to gouge holes and build board mounting spots) the keyboard is probably the trickiest bit.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

These histrionics were probably unnecessary, since there was no reason to think anybody would be watching us with more than casual interest until I made my first move to follow Buchanon's trail, in London.  Still, somebody might check back this far later, and I always feel that if you're going to play a part, you might as well play it all the way, at least in public -- and it's hard to tell what's public and what isn't, these electronic days.
Donald Hamilton, _The Devastators_, 1965

From: Ben Jimenez <ben_jimenez at yahoo.com>