[Coco] [coco] the old grey ghost lives!!

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sat May 10 11:20:16 EDT 2008

Don't know how many people would buy a kit, but if the schematics
(for the original) and drivers were posted somewhere as a project
there might be some interest.  OTOH, the monitor adapter seemed to
take off quite nicely, so maybe something like this in a SIMM
configuration would gain a following as well.

On May 10, 2008, at Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 10:50 AM, RJRTTY at aol.com
wrote:

> In a message dated 5/10/2008 8:16:04 A.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
> brucewcalkins at charter.net writes:
>
>>> a  custom made 1 meg  expanded
>>> memory card I made in  1984,
>
>> I would like a how to on that project, including how the  software
>> accesses
>> it.
>

> If you want I will send you a schematic and I will dig the
> software out and send it to you.   The darn thing still
> works too.    I even painted it gray with a black face
> to resemble the drives.   It consisted of three piggybacked
> PC boards with a central buss between them and connected
> to the Multi pak interface with a ribbon cable.   The multi  pak
> was necessary to act as a protective buffer between the unit and the
> main board.
>
> I wonder if I developed a modern kit out of it if people would want
> to buy one?
>
> Roy
>

> **************Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists
> on family
> favorites at AOL Food.

"In the time of Joseph McCarthyism, ..., I attempted
to explain each individual is wholly involved in the
democratic process, work at it or no.  The results of
the  process fall on the head of the public and he
who is recalcitrant or procrastinates in raising his
voice can blame no one but himself." -- Walt Kelly

“We have met the enemy and he is us”
-- Pogo / Walt Kelly, Earth Day 1970