[Coco] [coco] the old grey ghost lives!!

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sat May 10 07:06:55 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/10/2008 6:04:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stanblaz at netspace.net.au writes:

>I think you'll find that on the old Tandy drives there is NO drive  select
option
>& required the cable with pins missing.  I  recommend checking the drives
before
>making a cable.

I sorta figured that they might be "fixed" like that and was
planning on just clipping the cable at strategic positions along  it's
length to achieve the same effect as the missing
teeth if that was  the case.

I thought about altering the PC board if possible by
cutting traces with an exacto knife and connecting traces
by soldering with wire-wrap wire.  It's something I have
done to PC boards in general before and am very good at.
But I am reluctant to do that since that would be  defacing
them.

I want to have a cable I make myself to customize
the length and make sure to get good contacts at all
connectors.  It's just something I want to do myself.

I will report here what I find out and eventually do
in case someone wants to go down this path too.

Roy

favorites at AOL Food.