[Coco] Programs for NitrOS-9

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue May 6 09:47:58 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008, Willard Goosey wrote:
>On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 08:45:41PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Dunno what else to say, Willard.  But syscalls & get/setstats that
>> worked correctly according to the occasionally a bit concise docs in
>> the original code should not be destroyed in making nitros9 out of
>> os9.
>
>I doubt they were changed intentionally...
>
>Two thoughts occur to me.  If you have any "test case" programs left
>over from when you were actively developing Icnedit, those might be a
>good place to start.

Sorry, due to its size, that was it at the time.  It was actually broken into
quite a few pieces for editing.

>Second, from what you've said, you grab total
>control of the mouse and its buttons....and recent NitrOS uses the
>right mouse button to switch windows.

I'd assume that is IF it finds a mouse at all.  It hasn't found mine.  ATM I
don't recall what I was doing with the 2nd & third buttons in Icnedit
precisely, other than one cycled through the available pallete of colors,
possibly the right button, or one went one way and the other in reverse
order.  If Nitros9 is using the right mouse button as a window switch, I can
see where that might be confusing.

>>If my heart holds up, I'll see if I can get my system to boot
>
>Well, good luck with your health.  Take care of THAT first!

Yes, that does seem to be a higher priority item. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)