[Coco] Programs for NitrOS-9

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon May 5 20:45:41 EDT 2008

On Saturday 03 May 2008, Willard Goosey wrote:
>On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 08:27:40AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> That was a problem, and another reason it didn't get any bigger, I
>> was having to give it 40k myself.  But why did it need debugging?
>
>Like you said, one (at least) syscall or windint call got tweaked in
>NitrOS, and it brings down the whole program.  I don't even remember
>exactly what the crash looked like...

Gaack!

Dunno what else to say, Willard.  But syscalls & get/setstats that worked
correctly according to the occasionally a bit concise docs in the original
code should not be destroyed in making nitros9 out of os9.  If my heart holds
up, I'll see if I can get my system to boot with a usable boot & maybe see if
I can sort it, but no promises at this stage.  I am due for a stress test
early the 7th & no idea what they'll want to do after that.  I had a spell of
very slow pulse and some mild chest pain last week, so I've been watching
things a little closer than usual.  I suspect the call might still be ok, but
that the stack frame is shuffling the input data somehow.  I also know it did
run 100% stable for me when my system was at about nitros9 v1.16 or so.  So
there is a benchmark of sorts.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)