[Coco] Greetings from Manila

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon May 5 17:05:28 EDT 2008

At 12:33 AM 5/5/2008, you wrote:

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Devries"
>
>>Hi Roger,
>>
>>Your old rusty Pinto will blend right in here. Many cars here are
>>old rust-buckets, especially taxis. Maintenance seems non-existent.
>>Use of the vehicle's horn is the preferred warning method to say
>>"I'm coming through, get out of the way"
>>
>>Worrying....
>
>Having lived in several states and in Mexico, I can attest to this...
>
>Horns in Texas are generally a door bell..... Hello! I'm in your driveway!

I've been in Texas for 3 years and I've learned that horns, blinkers,
and brakes are there for decoration.  Oh, and the emergency lane to
the far right?  NOPE.  That's a high-speed passing lane.  I'm not
joking.  No matter how many potholes or gravel the emergency lane is
degraded to, you're not holding them up behind you.  You better hope
you don't require to swing outwards a tad on your left turn because
it's gonna be a bad day for everybody involved, including all the
cars BEHIND the guy passing you on the right who fully trust that the
guy up front has the plow-way already planned out completely with no
chance on Earth of there being a tiny mistake.  Zoom, zoom, zoom, 3
cars just flew by your child's back window while you were preparing
to turn left, causing your vehicle to rock back and forth from the
wind.   Then you look up the road as they pass and you notice guy on
the back in the big ole dually with extended mirrors and truck bed
has been trying to pass them using road rage, and is why "they" up
front are not stopping for anything.  Un-be-lievable.